After all, each person attending your big day holds a such a special place in both you and your partner’s hearts. From photos with your mother and father to celebratory images with your bridal party, there are certainly many photos that you won’t want to overlook.
However, with so many guests and so many opportunities for photos, you will certainly want to ensure that you creatively capture yours.
We understand the importance of making sure that no special member of your big day goes without recognition within your wedding photo album! That’s why we have gathered some of the top formal photos that you will want to capture on your wedding day. To discover what these photos are, be sure to continue reading:
- Parents. Your mother and father have been there for you from the moment you were born. Through all of your ups and downs and successes in life, they have been by your side. Now, on your wedding day, they can stand beside you as you begin your new journey in life, and smile for the camera. Have photos captured with both your parents together, and images with each of them separately. In addition, have photos taken with both your parent’s and your partner’s parents all together. These photos will be truly ones to cherish!
- Bridal Party. Bridesmaids and groomsmen have been chosen to stand beside you as you vow your love to your partner on your big day. Formal photos with them are a must, as they are a great way to showcase your friendship and admiration for one another. For your formal bridal party photos, capture images of the bride with her ladies and the groom with his men. Smiling for the camera will create lovely photos, but it is also wonderful to capture images of you all acting natural with one another, for more raw and real images. In addition, photos of you all together as a whole, both bridesmaids and groomsmen, will complete your wedding photo collection.
- Generations. Many family will join you as you tie the knot. From siblings to grandparents, you will have an array of loving family members accompanying you on such a special day. Capturing photos of generations is a wonderful way to preserve your memories and highlight the special people in life you. Consider photos that showcase you, your parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, along will children if you have any. to represent the many generations that comprise your family. These photos are certainly ones that you will want to display in your home.
- Family Members. Your family is such an important part of your life! Parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins; all members contribute to your happiness. Capturing your family is of importance on such a special day. Here are some great tips to assist you with doing so:
- Create a List. Comprising a list of family members to photograph on your wedding day will ensure that no special person is forgotten! After all, your photographer isn’t familiar with your family, so if they have a list to go by, you can guarantee that everyone gets photographed.
- Enlist a Helper. Having someone gather all of your family members for photos would be ideal! Again, your photographer doesn’t know your family personally, so if someone is able to assist with gathering everyone and preparing them for their photos, that would be most ideal.
- Consider Time. Time is of the essence on your wedding day. In order for your formal family portrait session to run smoothly, it is important to create a timeline. Generally, each family photo should take about three minutes to capture. In addition, it would be best to limit your family photos to ten.
Photography is the best way to preserve the memories from your big day! These are just a few of the many lovely formal photos that you certainly won’t want to overlook for your own wedding photo collection.