We’re excited to announce Mary & Mike’s marriage at the beautiful and modern look Sofitel Chicago. Mike is a Navy Pilot and he wore the official uniform.
A little bit about their story. Originally from Chicago area but moved in Virginia and with Mike being a navy pilot they will be moving to other places soon.
They met at a bar in Virginia Beach.
As for the proposal, months later Mike proposed after dinner at Disney World.
The wedding was truly special. The girls got ready on 28th floor of Sofitel while the guys took no time to get ready. So, we spent some fun time with the guys around Sofitel to get crazy shots.
Getting Ready Bride & Groom
First Look at Sofitel
Mike and Mary had their first look on the lobby of the hotel.
Wedding Portraits Chicago
After the first look we took Mike and Mary for few bridal portraits around downtown Chicago. We hit the Chicago Theatre area, first then end it at the Magnificent Mile by the Wrigley building.
The wedding ceremony was at Sofitel followed by the reception. Mary walked down the aisle with her mom and the recession followed the Navy ritual at weddings.
Once the ceremony was concluded we took few more photos with the couple and bridal party around the Sofitel.
Their wedding party was poised for action the entire time, which made the images fab, too.
Reception Grand Ballroom Sofitel
- How would you sum up your wedding in a few sentences? Best day of our lives!
- What was important to you about your wedding? That everyone has fun and knows how thankful we are for their support
- What made your venue Sofitel “the one”? The location and fantastic food!
- What made the day really special to you? Having all of our friends and family in one place
- What advice would you give to brides and grooms planning their day? Don’t sweat the small stuff and DANCE!!
- Where will you go on honeymoon? We are going to South Africa in January
Also, a big thank you goes out to these awesome companies that helped makeMary and Mike’s day so special.
Wish you could have been there, too, blog readers! At least you can live through the pictures!