Christian and Wendy – Intimate Wedding at Oak Hill Farm
Heading to Oak Hill Farm for the Wendy and Christian wedding, I knew that it was going to be an extraordinarily special day. I first met the couple in February this year when I shot the surprise proposal in Chicago.
This gorgeous, incredibly in-love couple planned a sweet, intimate wedding shared between themselves and just immediate family.
I find that one of the best things about small weddings is that they lend themselves to especially tender moments. They also somehow feel a little more at ease, and that’s exactly what the vibe was on this beautiful day in July. I’ll leave you with a few more of my favorite moments from the day, and with a big congrats to the newlyweds!
Here are some of the questions that Wendy have answered:
1. How and when did you two meet?
“We grew up together in church and as we got older he started trying to win me over until it finally happened “
2. What was your favorite moment(s) from the wedding?
“We both agreed it was seeing each other for the first time. For him seeing me walk down the aisle and for me seeing him up at the altar “
3. How would you describe your overall wedding experience?
“It was a blessing! It turned out so amazing more than we could’ve imagined! “
4. What advice would you offer to other couples planning a wedding?
“Both couples should be involved in planning but definitely to talk about everything and make decisions together “
5. Tell me about your dress. Where did you find it, how did you choose it, how did you know it was the one?
“ Since we decided to do it last minute I had to quickly find something! I went to the store and ended up finding my dress… better yet it was for $34 and my perfect size. I didn’t have to have any alterations so I knew it was meant for me!”
6. Did you see each other before the wedding? If not, did you like waiting or would you have rather done it differently? Tell me why or why not!
“We did see each other before the wedding but not dressed up. I think the waiting to see each other dressed up made that moment more special! I don’t think we would’ve done it any other way”
7. What were you most anxious, nervous or fearful about regarding your wedding day and what was the outcome?
“We were most worried about the weather but it ended up being the perfect weather! Not over planning it perfectly made it turn out better than what we imagined!
8. Was your wedding very different from the way you always imagined it? Or the same?
“ It was very different because we imagined it with more people. But now that we did it this way we are very happy. It was nice to have an intimate wedding. It made us appreciate more the moment instead of worrying about other people.”
11. If you had a destination wedding, where did you go and why did you choose this locale?
“ We decided to do our wedding in Galena which is about 2 hours from our hometown. We chose Galena because because I always envisioned having a farm style wedding. Oak Hill Farm exceeded our expectations, we are so happy we chose them!”
Click here to see Wedding Photos from Siegel Cottonwood Farm.