Wedding at the Haight in Elgin with Ashley and Daniel
Bonjour, everyone! I am thrilled to announce Ashley and Daniel’s marriage. These two have known each other since the summer of 2011. They both worked at Red Robin in Elgin. Ashley knows that Daniel is her soulmate and best friend. She can’t imagine life without Daniel on her side.
The wedding day started at the Haight in Elgin where we have photographed many weddings and just love this unique wedding venue.
The wedding was truly gorgeous! Ashley said that: “After a year-long pandemic & quarantine, this was the first time that we saw most of our friends and family. Being together with everyone finally made that day extra special. My heart was so full of joy that day. I am beyond blessed that what I get to share with Daniel every day our friends and family got to see just a little glimmer into the love that we share for one another. We made so many memories that day.”
The ceremony was truly emotional as Ashley and the bridesmaids lost a tear during the reading of vows.
After the wedding ceremony, we had the pleasure of taking photos around the wonderful wedding venue The Haight!
The wedding reception took place in the reception room and it was ferric decorated. The couple had a grand entrance then they cut the cake had dinner, listened to speeches and dance all night! I asked Ashley a few questions and here are the answers:
- What advice would you offer to other couples planning a wedding? ” Take your time and really think about what you want. So many people will be giving you advice, but you need to follow your own heart and vision. It can be overwhelming at times, but remember what led you to this moment and the love that you share with your significant other. I promise that it will be the best day of your life and you will be forever thinking back to this day.”
- Tell me about your dress. Where did you find it, how did you choose it, how did you know it was the one? ” I took my mom and my brides along to shop with me for my dress at David’s bridal. I tried on several different styles of dresses. It was so much fun having a girls day out. The dress I ended up buying was the 5th one that I had tried on. As soon as I put it on and zipped it up I started crying. I could picture Daniel in the mirror looking back at me with a huge smile on his face. I just knew he would love it on me and that it was the perfect dress. None of the others made me feel as good as the one that I picked out. It was so hard bringing it home and keeping it hidden from Daniel, but the big day & reveal was even better than I imagined.”
- What were you most anxious, nervous or fearful about regarding your wedding day and what was the outcome? ” My heart didn’t start racing until the moment I was about to walk down the aisle. It wasn’t cold feet or nerves, but I was so filled with joy knowing that everyone sitting was there for Daniel and I. I can’t explain the love that I felt and the energy that was in the room, but it was such a good feeling. Two families became one and this is the beginning of our next adventure together.”
- Was your wedding very different from the way you always imagined it? “Or the same?- It was so magical! Everything turned out perfect and beautiful. I was so happy with the venue and all the vendors we picked. There is nothing that I would have changed or redone. And after the reception ended we went to the casino down the street. Although I didn’t win anything, it was the perfect ending to an already wonderful day.”
A big thank you goes out to these awesome companies that helped make Daniel and Ashley’s day so special.
-Cake: Herb’s Bakery in Elgin
– DJ/Music: Back Third- Stephan Vaughn
-Dress: David’s Bridal
-Caterer: Cuisine America
-Florist: Town & Country Gardens in Elgin
-Venue: Lauren Schroeder
Wish you could have been there, too, blog readers! At least you can live through the pictures!
Click here if you wish to see another wonderful Wedding at the Haight in Elgin.