As that ring sparkles on your finger, it’s time to begin celebrating your new relationship status with an engagement photo session.
Engagement photos serve as the perfect way to announce your engagement in a personal and lovely manner. But, an engagement photoshoot provides more than just an announcement. In fact, it also allows you and your partner to get to know your photographer before your wedding day.
How to Dress for Your Engagement Photo Session
However, an engagement photoshoot isn’t something that you will want to jump right into. In fact, this is your opportunity to have flawless photos of you and your new fiancé.
We believe that it’s important to take your time and prepare for such an important photoshoot. That’s why we have gathered the top 5 ways in which you can prepare for your own engagement photoshoot. Would you like to discover what these ways are? If so, be sure to continue reading:
- Your Engagement Photo Session Is Important. This is the perfect opportunity for you and your partner to honor your new recent step forward together, and it’s an important occasion for both of you. Understanding the importance of your photo session is vital. This opportunity is important in more than one way. For example, your photos can be used as “Save the Date” cards, “Thank You” cards, displayed within your home, and can be used to announce to the world that you have found your soulmate. Before embarking on your engagement photo session, know the goals that you have in mind for your photos.
- Choosing the Perfect Location. The location you choose for your engagement photos sets the tone for your images. If you choose a beach, you are setting the tone for a romantic and care free photo session. On the other hand, if you choose your favorite Chicago area that features the most creative street art, you are setting an artistic and colorful setting for your photos. Take the time to consider your location carefully, so that you can have photos that will reflect your personal style.
- Create the Perfect Look for You and Your Partner. After choosing your location, it’s time to create your style. The clothes that you choose should complement your location as well as communicate your personality and can even tell a little about your relationship. It would be best to choose clothes that coordinate with one another.
- Consider Your Passions. Creating engagement photos that represent your personalities is ideal! Therefore, you can showcase your passions by utilizing props. If you love to celebrate, consider bringing along a bottle of champagne and some flutes. Or, if you both love music and playing instruments, bring along your guitar. You can also evoke your passions through your clothes, such as by wearing jerseys.
- Relax. It is important to remember to relax for your engagement photo session. There should be no pressure, and you should just act natural with one another. Being yourselves will allow you to create raw and beautiful photos. So, when preparing for yours, know that all you must do is just be you.
Top Locations for Engagement Photos in Chicago
Engagement photos are the first pictures that you and your partner will have captured together now that you are choosing to spend the rest of your lives together. Essentially, it marks the first step towards your future together. Take the time and prepare for your engagement photo session with these tips.