Monica & Dan – fabulous wedding at Victoria in The Park
Let’s give it up for one special couple, who just so happen to be newlyweds. Wonderful Wedding at Victoria in the Park.
We absolutely loved photographing Monica and Dan’s wedding on last Saturday at Victoria in the Park in Mount Prospect.
Monica and Dan met through mutual friends and they just ended up at the same birthday party one night while he was in town from CA where he was stationed. Dan proposed Monica in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris!
Their wedding day was flawless. Monica said that she will summarize the wedding as joy/relief. With postponing once they were worried they wouldn’t be able to have their special moments like him walking with his mom down the aisle and Monica with her dad. And to be surrounded by so many beautiful souls especially during times like this made them feel very special.
After getting ready and first look photos, we took the bridal party to Lincoln Park and North Avenue Beach for bridal portraits.
I asked Monica her thoughts about the wedding day and here are her answers:
What was important to you about your wedding?
-to just have fun and enjoy each moment. We didn’t want to overthink the little details or small things that went wrong. We just wanted to enjoy the moment we have been waiting so long to have
What made Victoria in the Park your venue “the one”?
– it just felt like it encompassed us right when walking in. The windows, the lighting and the fact that it was just one building that was just for us vs other banquet halls that have 2 weddings at the same time. It felt more intimate and special.
What made the day really special to you?
–we had so much family travel to be with us. We have never had everyone in the same place at the same time and it just made it all the more special.
What advice would you give to brides and grooms planning their day?
-not to stress about the small stuff because on that day it’s the people around you that make it special. I didn’t care how the centerpieces looked, how the cake looked, or anything like that. When we sat at our head table we just looked at everyone laughing and having the times of their lives and that’s what really got us.
Where did you go on your honeymoon?
– it changed 3 times because of covid restrictions and we just ended up going to Florida. We drove down to the keys for a few days and enjoyed ourselves there. It really is a hidden gem in the states. But we plan on having our true honeymoon in Bali or Fiji like originally planned once things are better with travel.
This amazing day would not have been possible without the help from:
Wedding Dress: Mira Couture
• Bridesmaids dresses: Azazie
• Shoes: Lord&Taylor
• Stationery: I got a template from Etsy and edited/printed them myself
• Flowers: Carousel Flowers
• Groom’s suits: Sarar
• Accessories: bowties were from Azazie
Jewelry: earrings from Mira Couture and my necklace was from JCPenny.
• Cake: Victoria in the Park
• Make Up & Hair: Nevena & Ewa.
DJ: George – Proart
Videography: Martin Events
We wish Monica and Dan many more years of love and happiness!!
Here is another wedding we photographed at Victoria in the Park.